UoMC offers its people an opportunity to make a major contribution in the academic, research, technology transfer, health care and art conservation areas. With locations in Parkville, North Melbourne, Shepparton and our head office located at the University's campus in Hawthorn, our people contribute to achieving the commercial outcomes for the University of Melbourne.
By joining us, you not only become part of a dynamic group of people working in commercial areas, you also become part of one of the finest and most respected Universities in the world.
UoMC provides services to the University, students, corporations, governments, art world and general public. By joining us, you can make any number of valuable contributions.
As well as being focussed on commercial outcomes and achieving our Mission and our Business Strategy and objectives, we operate in line with our Values and Behaviours and offer our people a range of benefits and opportunities in keeping with our expectations of them and the industry they are part of.
Our culture is built on hard work and having fun, with a healthy respect for work-life balance, flexibility and creativity.
Our Mission and Values
UoMC launched its Values and Behaviours to all its employees in October 2011.
These Values and Behaviours were developed internally from discussions and input from our people and included a number of activities and actions that would enable them to be a living part of our working life at UoMC.
Moreover, these Values and Behaviours are now included as part of UoMC's Performance Development Review process and documentation, embedding them as a critical component of assessing a person's performance and contribution to the success of UoMC. These Values and Behaviours will guide all our people in the way they act, interact, help, assist and manage in their work.
Our Values and Behaviours are:
- Honesty and integrity - in our communications, actions and behaviours
- Respect - for each other, our customers, stakeholders and the environment
- Customer focused - to deliver resourceful, responsive and professional services
- Commitment - to enhance our strong reputation
- Teamwork - to help and support each other to the mutual benefit of all
- Recognition - of team and individual success and rewarding success
At UoMC, it is our people who deliver our services, liaise with our customers, and drive our performance. What we provide to our customers and our key stakeholders is the abilities, talents, passion, reputation, motivation, dedication, wisdom and experience of our people.
We're passionate about investing in our people and showing that what they do for us and our customers and stakeholders is valued and appreciated. We hope to offer our staff more than just a job - we offer them an opportunity to be part of a dynamic world class organisation which provides its people with benefits and support at every stage of their life and career. We also want to provide our people with a positive professional experience, every day they are with us.
At UoMC, our people can use, enjoy and utilise:
- Professional Development Opportunities
- Free parking onsite for our Hawthorn employees
- Secure bike storage at Hawthorn and Parkville
- A confidential Employee Counselling Service
- Fitness and sporting facilities at Hawthorn (gym, squash courts onsite)
- Work/Life Balance initiatives
- An annual salary review
- Progressive and creative employment policies
- Salary Packaging
- Values and Behaviours that are part of everyday life and measurement of performance
- A strong, visible and measurable commitment to health and safety, and the environment
- An onsite cafeteria at our Hawthorn campus and our North Melbourne site
UoMC Staff Directory
Find the contact details of individual UoMC staff by searching for them through the University of Melbourne staff directory.